2 days / 1 night – Turtle Island and Sepilok Orangtan Tour (BV-43)
Duration: 2days Departure time
Frequency: Daily Sandakan Airport: 8:10
Meals: Lunch, dinner, breakfast City Hotel: 8:45
Day 1 – Sandakan / Turtle Island
08.10 – Pick up and transfer from the airport or Sandakan hotel transfer to the pier.
09.30 – Departure by boat to the island of turtles. The entire journey takes about an hour. The island is located 40 km north of Sandakan in the Sulu Sea on the east coast of Sabah and is a major nesting green turtles and turtles Caretta.
12.30 – Lunch, free time is ideal for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling. Before dinner, you will hold a lecture about the turtles and the island. After dinner, the guide will lead you to the turtle park, to the site of egg laying. You will see mother turtle lay eggs, the eggs in the incubator transfer and release of newborn turtles into the sea.
Night spend in the houses on the island.
Day 2 – Turtle Island / Sepilok Orangutan
07.00 – Breakfast. After breakfast, return to Sandakan. Move to the world famous orangutan rehabilitation center located in Sepilok.
10.00 – Upon arrival, check out a video documentary about the center and orangutans. After viewing, walk along the path of the tropical forests in the orangutan feeding platform.
13.00 End of the tour, transfer to Sandakan Airport or hotel.
The price includes:. Transfers, payment of an entrance fee, driver, lunch choice and English-speaking guide
The price does not include: personal expenses, gratuities and other additional charges.
Things to bring:
* Comfortable shoes * Light clothing * Camera * Local currency
* Headdress* Sunscreen *Insect repellent *
* Time of departure from many hotels may vary. Please check again with our employees.
* The specified time – indicative and may be amended. The Company is not responsible for the change of time for reasons beyond our control.
* Photographing turtles only camera WITHOUT flash
* Snorkeling equipment is available for hire (Please refer to the employees of the island)