Monsopiad Village – Headhunter + Lok Kawi Zoo (BV-53)
Duration: 6 hours Departure time
Frequency: Daily City hotel 09:30
Meals: Lunch Outskirts hotel 09:05
* Monsopiad: Nestled besides the Penampang River are the many traditional buildings that make up the Monsopiad Cultural village, a living museum located 16 km or about half an hour away from the KK City Centre. Monsopiad was a fearsome warrior who lived in the village of Kuai nearly 200 years ago. At the village, visit the Tangkob or Granary where the padi is housed.
Kotos Di Monsopiad or Monsopiad’s Main House is dedicated to the life and times of Monsopiad and his descendants. On display are ceramic jars, padi grinders, bamboo items as well as the costume of Bobohizan Inai Bianti, direct descendant of Monsopiad and very senior high priestess. Other interesting exhibits include the massive monolith which invokes a dozen legends, the traditional restaurant and of course Siou Do Mohoing, or the House of Skulls, where all 42 ‘trophies’ of Monsopiad hang from the rafters.
* Lok Kawi Wildlife Park: Visitors can see Borneon and Malaysian wild animals such as Proboscis monkeys, Asian elephants, Rhinos, Hornbill birds, Malayan tigers, etc. Visitors are welcome to see the resident Orang Utans and her friends. Be amused by their antics during the daily exhibition which is take place at the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park Amphitheater. On the Botanical side, there is a trail which leads to the Herbal and Ginger Garden.
Scheduled shows & guided tours:
1100hrs- Start at Lok Kawi Wildlife Park
Include: Transportation, Fees, Driver & English Speaking Guide.
Exclude: Own expense, Gratitude tipping, Meal & Ad-hoc services needed.
Things to Bring/Wear:
* Wear comfortable walking shoes * Light clothes * Drinking water * Insects Repellent
* Camera/Video recorder to capture memories
* Departure time may vary. Depending on hotel’s locations. Please re-confirm with our reservation staff.
* Above timing is just a guideline and subject to change. The company will NOT be responsible for any changes on timing beyond our control.