3 days / 2 nights – Malia pool – camp in the jungle and waterfalls (BV-50)
DAY 1 Kota Kinabalu – Malia POOL (lunch and dinner)
In the morning depart from Kota Kinabalu. Enjoy a scenic drive (5 hours)! On the way to the reserve Malia pool you will have a short stop in the town of Keningau, for small purchases. When you continue the way to the Lost World of Sabah. Part of the road is still not in very good condition, so be prepared for a small shake
Upon arrival, you will first stop at Shell Malia. Time for lunch. After lunch continue the trip to the research center of Malia Pool (1 hour). In the vicinity of the center you can often see the pygmy elephants and wild oxen (banteng).
Upon arrival, enjoy a refreshing swim and then head to the air bridge (suspension bridge), 400 meters long and 22 meters high, above the rain forest. In the evening, enjoy a night trip in search of animals – clouded leopard, mouse-deer, western tarsier, etc.
Overnight at the center of research Malia Swimming pool (hostel).
2 DAY CAMP AGATIS – Nepenthes Camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
After breakfast, go to Agathis Camp, which is located in the hill dipterocarp forest. Walking along the path Agatis jungle, you will find yourself in the forest the largest trees – Agathis! Further from Agathis Camp, go trekking (7 km) through the rainforest in Nepenthes Camp, built expedition Camel Trophy in 1993.
Upon arrival, visit the 33m high viewing platform from which you can observe the birds at close range and also enjoy exciting species in the surrounding forest. Then pass to another 2-hour hike to the beautiful waterfalls and Hakob Takob Giluk. Leisure and free time, admire the surrounding rich vegetation.
Return to Nepenthes Camp, dinner and overnight at the camp.
DAY 3 Camp AGATIS – Kota Kinabalu (Breakfast, Lunch)
After breakfast, a trip to the magical heather bushes – “Garden of Eden”, where you can observe several species of endemic carnivorous plants.
Return to Agathis Camp, then a trip to Kota Kinabalu.
Lunch on the way to Kota Kinabalu.
The price includes:
• Overnight accommodation in a hostel in Malia Pool • All transportation as per the itinerary
• Meals as stated above – the main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) • Entrance fees • English speaking guide • Forest Guide Malia Pool • Accident insurance
price does not include:
• Personal expenses • Meals that are not mentioned in the program
• Porters (available on request for an additional fee)
* Raincoat * headdress * Remedy mosquito * Sunscreen * Comfortable shoes (preferably boots) * socks * Sandals * Flashlight * Convenient t-shirt (preferably cotton) * Long / short pants * Binoculars * Camera (additional fee) * Things personal care * Medication (if prescribed)
* departure time may vary. Depending on the hotel site.
* The specified time – indicative and may be amended. The Company is not responsible for the change of time for reasons beyond our control.
* All tours are subject to weather conditions and may change without notice in accordance with the prevailing conditions at the time and weather.