5 days / 4 nights – Malia pool – camp in the jungle and waterfalls (BV-52)
DAY 1~ Kota Kinabalu – Malia POOL (lunch and dinner)
In the morning depart from Kota Kinabalu. Enjoy a scenic drive (5 hours)! On the way to the reserve Malia pool you will have a short stop in the town of Keningau, for small purchases. When you continue the way to the Lost World of Sabah. Part of the road is still not in very good condition, so be prepared for a small vibration.
Upon arrival, you will first stop at Shell Malia. Time for lunch. After lunch continue the trip to the research center of Malia Pool (1 hour). In the vicinity of the center you can often see the pygmy elephants and wild oxen (banteng).
Upon arrival, enjoy a refreshing swim and then head to the air bridge (suspension bridge), 400 meters long and 22 meters high, above the rain forest. In the evening, enjoy a night trip in search of animals – clouded leopard, mouse-deer, western tarsier, etc.
Overnight at the center of research Malia Swimming pool (hostel).
DAY 2~ AGATIS Camp – Nepenthes Camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
After breakfast, go to Agathis Camp, which is located in the hill dipterocarp forest trees. Walking along the path Agatis jungle, you will see a forest of one kind of the largest trees – Agathis! Further from Agathis Camp, go trekking (7 km) through the rainforest in Nepenthes Camp, built expeditions Camel Trophy in 1993.
Upon arrival, visit the 33m high viewing platform from which you can observe the birds at close range and also enjoy a spectacular species of the surrounding forest. Furthermore, pass for another 2-hour hike to a beautiful waterfall and Hakob Takob Giluk. Recreation and leisure, admiring the surrounding rich vegetation.
Return to Nepenthes Camp,
Dinner and overnight at the camp.
DAY 3~ Camp Nepenthes Camp-Laubach waterfall MALIAU- Ginseng Camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
After breakfast, go on a trip to the most famous, spectacular, seven-step waterfalls – is the jewel of the reserve Malia! The highest waterfall is 28 meters. The duration of the campaign, through the forest dipterocarp trees 4 to 5 hours (6.5 km).
Next trip to the Ginseng Camp.
Dinner and overnight at Ginseng Camp.
DAY 4~Ginseng Camp – Camp AGATIS (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
After breakfast, continue the trek back to Agathis Camp. Route Duration 6 – 7 hours.
Lunch on the way to the camp, at a rest stop. Upon arrival at the Agathis Camp, dinner and settling for the night in the camp.
DAY 5~ Malia Pool – Kota Kinabalu (Breakfast, Lunch)
After breakfast, an extract from the hostel. Next, go to Agathis Camp, which is located in the hill dipterocarp forest trees. Walking along the path Agatis jungle, you will find yourself in the forest the largest trees – Agathis
lunch on the return trip back to Kota Kinabalu.
The price includes:
• Overnight accommodation in a hostel in Malia Pool • All transportation as per the itinerary
• Meals as stated above – the main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) • Entrance fees • English speaking guide • Forest Guide Malia Pool • Accident insurance
price does not include:
• Personal expenses • Meals not specified in the tour program
• Porters (available on request for an additional fee)
* Raincoat * Headdress * Remedy mosquito * Sunscreen * Comfortable shoes (preferably boots) * Socks * Sandals *Flashlight * Convenient t-shirt (preferably cotton) * Long / short pants * Binoculars * Camera (additional fee) * Things *Personal care * Medication (if prescribed)
* departure time may vary. Depending on the hotel location.
* The specified time – indicative and may be amended. The Company is not responsible for the change of time for reasons beyond our control.
* All tours are subject to weather conditions and may change without notice in accordance with the prevailing conditions at the time and weather.